1. Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations, Mr S Iswaran, will make an official visit to Detroit and San Francisco, United States, from 15 to 19 May 2023.
2. In Detroit, Minister Iswaran will lead the Singapore delegation to attend the 11th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Transportation Ministerial Meeting (TMM), from 15 to 17 May 2023. At the TMM, Minister Iswaran will meet his transport counterparts from the APEC economies to exchange views on transport developments and explore opportunities for further collaboration in the Asia-Pacific region.
3. Minister Iswaran will also be joining the Transport Ministers of the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada, as well as representatives from the private sector, for the inaugural International Summit on Investment in Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) on 15 May 2023.
4. In San Francisco, Minister Iswaran will be visiting technology companies working on electric mobility.
5. Minister Iswaran will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Transport and the Land Transport Authority of Singapore.